Well, it’s the end of another year… boy time flies! Here’s how I did on my 2008 Goals:
1) Family & Friends – I think I did only ok here… it was kind of hit or miss. The more busy my life in Seattle is, the tougher it’s been to stay in touch w/ family & friends back east. I did reconnect w/ @ this year, which was kind of nice. And M came to visit me in Seattle recently and we had a grand ol’ time. I’m gonna still leave this on my list for next year though b/c I know I’m capable of finding a better balance here.
2) Non-profit work – CHECK! I’m attending more functions, networking with more non-profit folks… all
3) Entrepreneurship – CHECK! I’ve got 3 ideas brewing and in various stages of development. I’m also building skills I think are important for success here, so I’m feeling good that I’m on the right track. The economy tanking is giving me the chance to spend time working on my own skills, so hopefully when the economy has recovered I’ll be ready to make a go of it. I’ve actually broadened this goal to possibly starting a non-profit organization.
4) Me – there’s lots of other little things I want to accomplish in 2008:
- Broaden my reading – CHECK! I’ve read 15 books this year so far and in a variety of genres and from a variety of recommendations. Next year, my goal will be to read 20 books.
- Travel – CHECK! Maui was a first for me and next year will be a trip to Asia.
- Better physical shape – umm… step 1 signing up for a gym membership is complete. This will need to be taken up in 2009.
- Swim or Ski – Some progress against swimming was made… I can now float… supervised. Ok, it’s on the list for 2009 too.