- Buddha Ruksa one of my favorite favorite restaurants! Mmm mmm… good!
- Poker… still mad D made his flush after I fatten the pot with a bunch of people who should have folded… respect the bet!! =)
- Golden Compass… good movie… great book
- Picnic on Alki… more yummy!
- Beach volleyball! Oh yeah! beautiful weather — perfect for volleyball. would have played another hour or two if it weren’t for the fact that I had a VNSF mtg. We played 4’s, 3’s and finally TWO’s!! Amazing that our legs held up for 2’s. What’s sweeter is we played girls vs. guys. S & I were about 5 or 6 points down but came back against the D’s for a 15-13 victory, which made me UNDEFEATED for the day!! WOOHOO!!
- VNSF meeting to select the new students for 2008-9. I got there an hour late (what can I say, it’s hard to pull yourself off the beach when it’s 70’s, sunny and volleyball) and it took 4 hours, but we made our final selection of 152 kids. We’ll be admitting 91 girls into our program! Of course, gender had nothing to do with our final selection process, but I was happy to see so many girls get supported. Overall, we had more girls apply for our scholarship, so it makes sense. My heart goes out to the young girls because they are sold into brothels, trafficked across the border or sold into marriage more often than boys are.
I had a thought this morning that I’m really happy about where my life is at. I’ve made some pretty critical, life-altering changes in my life over the past 5 years and I’m happy about all of them. I made the decision to give back to Viet Nam and my work with VNSF has brought a lot of meaning to my life. I’ve picked up volleyball and that’s just goodness all around — it’s a good vent for my competitive nature, good exercise and a good time with friends. And I’ve changed jobs, which I look forward to every day. I’ve learn to take some time for myself and pamper myself from time to time. I spend less money on stuff I don’t need and more on things that have meaning either for someone I love or for myself. If I could work in a gym routine, that would be money. =)